On the day of your comprehensive executive physical, you’ll undergo a number of individual exams, scans and health screenings.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Complete Medical History: Our staff will obtain a detailed personal and family medical history and identify any health risk factors. Significant past and/or present injuries and illnesses, as well as pertinent job related stressors and factors will be identified. Please come prepared with the knowledge of your personal and family medical history before arriving for your appointment.
- Physical Examination: Vital signs will be obtained by our staff and a physical examination of all body systems will be conducted by the examining physician. Our complete exam consists of evaluation of the eyes, nose, sinuses, ears, mouth, throat, heart, lungs, abdomen, chest, back, extremities, glands, skin, gastrointestinal and neuromuscular systems.
- Vision Acuity Test: Assessment of near and far vision in both eyes together and individually, color perception, depth perception, and visual field testing.
- Audiometry Test: This examination provides verifiable documentation of your auditory perception ability. It is performed utilizing an approved microprocessor audiometer and is conducted according to the guidelines established by the Council for Accreditation in Occupational Hearing Conservation.
- Chest X-ray: A two-view x-ray of the chest will be taken to rule out the presence of acute or chronic pulmonary conditions.
- Resting EKG and Graded Exercise Treadmill Stress Test: A treadmill stress test is performed to evaluate your cardiovascular system and exercise capacity. Testing is conducted under direct supervision of a board-certified cardiologist who, with the examining physician, will determine any indication of cardiovascular disease. An EKG can be performed in lieu of the complete stress test if desired.
- Blood / Urine Tests: Blood and urine testing will be performed to evaluate several aspects of your health. In most cases two or three vials of blood may be drawn. Specimens will be sent to Inova Fairfax Hospital lab and results generally returned within 2-4 hours.
- Pulmonary Lung Function Test: Our staff will evaluate your pulmonary mechanics to assess for lung diseases such as asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. It is performed utilizing technology that records how efficiently you move air into and out of your lungs.
- Advanced Lipid Panel: Shows the total cholesterol, HDL, triglycerides, and calculates/estimates an LDL and VLDL.
- Fitness Evaluation and Nutritional Analysis: Our fitness trainers will evaluate your exercise program and suggest ways to improve your strength, flexibility, and conditioning. They will tailor a plan to fit your needs. They will also evaluate your diet and make recommendations regarding optimal nutritional intake and suggest strategies for incorporating healthy eating into a busy schedule.
- Inbody Analysis (Body Composition Analysis) Test: Using an 8 point electrode system, Inova uses a body composition analyzer that separates the components of one's body weight into water, fat, and muscle. With this advanced patented technology, we are able to obtain precise information about body composition by measuring many electrical resistance values from the arms, legs and trunk. Conventional body composition devices, by contrast, employ the “Whole Body Impedance” measurement method, which only reports a single impedance value for the entire body causing the results to be less precise and accurate.
- Comprehensive Laboratory Testing: Including cholesterol, kidney function, liver inflammation, cardiac risk markers, and vitamin D level.
*Additional studies that are performed due to an abnormal finding during your executive health examination will be billed to your insurance plan. All additional testing will require your authorization in writing.